How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27181
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I had A DUI in Florida, Hernando County on Oct. 17, 2007. My

Customer Question

I had A DUI in Florida, Hernando County on Oct. 17, 2007. My record shows that I was driving under the influence on Jan 17, 2008.I was a passenger had had a few drinks. I regret all of this, I have lived in Al. for 8 yrs. A letter from Fl. shows that I need to take a DUI course, get an interlock installed and pay $250. I have had no other offences I just want to get my license reinstated. I am not sure if I still need to do all these things still. Thank you very much, Christine
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I talked to a Lawyer in Al. he was not sure of the laws in Fl. I am on disability since 2010 for depression. That is all, no other offenses and I am just not sure what I should do to get my license reinstated.
JA: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: It is in Florida, Hernando County
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. I am sorry to say but Florida is not going to release the license / lift the suspension, until you comply with these requirements. You need to contact the FL DMV and see if they will allow you to take a DUI course in AL and receive credit for it in Florida. Then, you can pay the $250 and also install the interlock device, so you can start driving. I know you have had no other offenses over the years BUT you must comply with these conditions to reinstate your license. Once you complete what was required/court order, then you can obtain your license

Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.

I just wanted to follow up and see if there is anything else I can answer or clarify. I am here to help so please just let me know

Related Criminal Law Questions