How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Maverick Your Own Question
Maverick, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 6391
Experience:  20 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Maverick is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a letter from access integrity program in fl, No,

Customer Question

I received a letter from access integrity program in fl
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: The letter said that there is discrepancies in my case and I'm schedule to a rebuttal and I will need to call investigator
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help.
Customer: Failure to follow through with the above requirements may result to being unable to determine your eligibility
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Just Answer (“JA”)! My name is Maverick.

Please note: (1) If you want legal advice, you must consult with a local attorney in person before acting or deciding not to act based on any information given here; and (2) I answer most questions within the hour. However, if I am not signed on, please allow up to 24 hours. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms and JA’s site disclaimers presented to you earlier.

1. Can you please state your specific legal question so we know what type of answer you are looking for?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I attached the letter. what could happen if I don't call the investigator?
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Here is the pertinent law that applies:

3610.1000 ACCESS INTEGRITY (FS) ACCESS Integrity (AI) is an extension of the Department's public assistance eligibility process and operates within the purview of 7 CFR 273, 45 CFR 233, and Sections 414.095(16) and 414.39(10), Florida Statutes. It is a program designed to combat fraud and reduce misspent dollars in the Department's public assistance programs. Probable error prone cases are identified at the pre-eligibility (application/reapplication, certification/recertification) phase of the public assistance program. Once a case is identified as meeting error prone criteria, it is referred to the AI unit within the Region or Circuit where the public assistance unit resides. The AI unit then reviews the information provided by the individual or the authorized representative and verifies and documents the finding of fact as it relates to the information provided by the individual and the eligibility factors used to determine the individual's level of participation. Once verification and documentation is completed, the recipient is given an opportunity to explain contradictory information and an eligibility determination is made.


If you don't call the investigator, then your claim for public assistance will most likely be denied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They call me and ask for source of income from ex-husband that I cannot provide would I get in some kind of trouble?. They said I have 10 days to show a notarized paper from him were he states that He pays household bills which he cannot provide because he is not in the country.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

No, just write them back and state that he is out of the country and you are not able to provide that information at this time. That should end the matter.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for replying
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I wanted to say that They asked me If I have access to his income and to his DD214 because he is deployed. I don't have any of his documents and they assume the signature that was on the letter I scanned for the application previously is not his. Investigators also asked me about his car that is parked outside my home, but he doesn't reside here. He provided money by bank transfers. Should I be concerned and start looking for a lawyer since he left his car parked here, but it is not mine.
Expert:  Maverick replied 1 year ago.

No, I would just explain as much of this as you want to and let them deny the claim as a consequence if you are afraid that there is a forgery issue here. In other words, it is easiest for them to deny the claim. It is more expensive to try to prosecute you. This how things in the government usually work; but there are always exceptions. So, a low-key approach is best.