How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 26788
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can i help my son get out of jail in ill, Rock island

Customer Question

how can i help my son get out of jail in ill, Rock island county, he is being held for aggravated robbery, the prosecutor haven't presented him with any evidence against him, he's been locked up now for 16 days and hasn't had a preliminary hearing. they say the da that was assigned to him had a conflict of interest in his case and they appointed him a new attorney which he hasn't seen yet. his bond is set at 7500.oo and i nor he has the funds to post this kind of bail.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is to bond him out.

His lawyer can make an application to reduce the bond at any time, but the problem is that unless there is a change of circumstances for the better with regard to his case, the judge will deny the motion. Also, whenever a defense attorney asks for bail to be reduced, the prosecutor will counter and ask that bail be increased. If the defense files a frivolous motion (no change of circumstances for the better) judges have been known to rule for the DA and increase bail.

The fact that the preliminary hearing had to be delayed because the DA had a conflict might be a good basis for an application on Friday, but until then, unless you can somehow raise the bond among your friend and family, there's nothing that you personally can do.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Related Criminal Law Questions