Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

How can i help my son get out of jail in ill, Rock island

Customer Question
county, he is being held...
how can i help my son get out of jail in ill, Rock island county, he is being held for aggravated robbery, the prosecutor haven't presented him with any evidence against him, he's been locked up now for 16 days and hasn't had a preliminary hearing. they say the da that was assigned to him had a conflict of interest in his case and they appointed him a new attorney which he hasn't seen yet. his bond is set at 7500.oo and i nor he has the funds to post this kind of bail.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/22/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Unfortunately, the only thing you can do is to bond him out.

His lawyer can make an application to reduce the bond at any time, but the problem is that unless there is a change of circumstances for the better with regard to his case, the judge will deny the motion. Also, whenever a defense attorney asks for bail to be reduced, the prosecutor will counter and ask that bail be increased. If the defense files a frivolous motion (no change of circumstances for the better) judges have been known to rule for the DA and increase bail.

The fact that the preliminary hearing had to be delayed because the DA had a conflict might be a good basis for an application on Friday, but until then, unless you can somehow raise the bond among your friend and family, there's nothing that you personally can do.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD