Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I need to ask questions on the next steps police will take

Customer Question
when/if there is camera footage...
i need to ask questions on the next steps police will take when/if there is camera footage of the car and lisence plate number
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/22/2016
Criminal Lawyer: LawTalk, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Lawyer

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. What are you talking about?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
yesterdday at 8pm i was robbed and i saw the way the car went, i saw that sams club has a camera pointed directly at the way the people sped off too, i went into sams club to ask for the footage and they told me that they would need to have the police see the footage and that they could not give it to me or let me see . i was to know what steps the police will take if i go report this to them. also is everything we talk about completly confidential, you cant tell anyone about the details of this case?

Thanks for the additional information.

Definitely, go to the police. File a criminal complaint with them about the robbery and they will get a warrant to get the security footage from the store. They will track down the owner of the car and presumably find the person who robbed you. This can lead to you getting your possessions back and the criminal prosecution of the criminal.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
what if my stolen property was a pound a weed? i have a medical weed card, i want the person found, i want to know where he lives, but i dont want to go to the police and report it stolen if it will just get me in more troublle or even worse have the police look into me. should i report being robbed and not say what it was? can i get in trouble if i report this?

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth, private, conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a personal and private phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread which is searchable and viewable by the public.

Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

What state are you in?

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
1i dont have the money to call or i would so i cant call, i live in california, solano county

You would be a fool to go to the police. Let me explain.

Possession of a pound of pot will almost certainly subject you to arrest for possession with intent to sell. And based on the fact that you were transporting it, you could be sent to prison for 2 to 4 years and fined up to $20,000.

You might just as well walk away and write it off as a bad experience. If you go to the police, you would be confessing to a serious felony.

Please remember to rate my service to you so that I can be compensated for helping you. Thank you in advance.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
im not asking if its okay to lie to the police but, what if i went to the police and told them that i had been robbed of something like an expensive watch, in a bag. i wouldnt confess to any of the seious crimes you just had mentioned, but in the black bag that was taken from me could very well have been an expensive watch, would i get any information on the person?is there is no other way to obtain access to the cameras without me being in any legal troubble?

You can add false reporting to the list of crimes you will be charged with.

would i get any information on the person? No guarantees, but possibly, however you are almost certainly going to get caught in a lie somewhere along the way.

is there is no other way to obtain access to the cameras without me being in any legal troubble? No there is not, unless you get the store to voluntarily show you the footage---which they already told you they will not.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.

I wish you well,

Doug

LawTalk, Lawyer