How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CalAttorney2 Your Own Question
CalAttorney2, Attorney
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 10244
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CalAttorney2 is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was mobbed at a past job and was diagnosed with

Customer Question

I was mobbed at a past job and was diagnosed with dissociative amnesia and PTSD because of it. Past memories are resurfacing and I now remember a fellow employee making false accusations against me that were quite serious. He was believed and I was being abused at my last place of employment. There was a lot of shock over how I was treated especially knowing that I was innocent but treating guilty. It was hard to believe that people could just blindly believe him because he wasn't even living in the same area as me when he said the alleged crime happened. Would I know if he had tried to open an investigation on me? Even though I know the accusation is false and I'm not worried about any real legal issues as I am completely innocent and he would need actual proof in a court of law but the court of public opinion and the abuse I endured has cost me thousands in therapy.
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?
Customer: Illinois
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 1 year ago.

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

I am very sorry to learn of this situation and the events that occurred.

If you are primarily concerned about the possibility of this individual having caused a criminal complaint to be filed against you, you can check this by contacting the law enforcement agency having jurisdiction for the area where the alleged crime took place (so the police or sheriff's department(s) where you were working at the time).

You will want to contact the department's records division and ask about any records pertaining to you.

While it is unlikely that any such records were filed (based on what you have posted, it is more likely that this individual was threatening as opposed to actually carrying anything out), if there were such records you can obtain a copy of any "incident reports" filed with these law enforcement agencies about yourself.