How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Colleen Grady Your Own Question
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 555
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Colleen Grady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a protective order against my husband,but my daughter

Customer Question

I have a protective order against my husband,but my daughter told me that he stillsits on a dirt road and watches to see who picks me up from work,what can I do about him stalking me
JA: Because laws vary from state to state, could you tell me what state is this in?
Customer: oklahoma
JA: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes,all she said is it's just hearsay,coming from my daughter and I haven't personally seen him
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: basically "be careful"
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: he has my daughter ask me who brought me to work,who picked me up from work,he knows when I'm at work,
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 27 years and I was a DA for 9 years. Can you tell me what county you are in?

Also, do you have a protective order with the family court or criminal court?

Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

It is important that you or your daughter call the police as soon as he is seen watching you. This will give the police an opportunity to see him in the act of violating the protection order. If the police do not see him, file a police report each time. This is establish a pattern. Once caught, and he will most probably be caught if he continues, these reports will be helpful.

Also, check to see if your daughter has text messages from him where he is asking questions about you. This may be considered communication through a 3rd party, which is prohibited by most protection orders. If there are messages, bring them to the police to see if he can be arrested.

A first violation of a protective order is a misdemeanor. He can receive up to a year in jail and a $1,000 fine.

Here is a link to resources for victims of domestic violence in Oklahoma: There are county links. Call a number in your area to ask for free advice on how to handle this situation.

Please let me know if I can help more. If you have no further questions, I ask that you rate my service.

Thank you and good luck.

Related Criminal Law Questions