How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33380
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I received a criminal speeding ticket in Mayer, Arizona on

Customer Question

I received a criminal speeding ticket in Mayer, Arizona on I17 - speed limit 75 i was said I was approx. going 93. I tried to see if I could just pay the ticket over phone but they said I need to come to court. I live in Flagstaff, AZ and work, I just want to know what I should do. Should I get an attorney or just go and deal with it myself. I have had other just speeding tickets, ran a red light. Have any suggestions Michele
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help. Have you talked to a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: I have had 2 speeding tickets, with fines, speeding tickets that I took classes to no show up, I do have 2 running red light by camera.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

You can either hire a lawyer or show up yourself or hire a lawyer and show up.

realistically if you hire a lawyer then they can probably get a deal worked out so you don't have to show up. Maybe another one where you take a class or one where you get deferred adjudication and then when you complete the "probation time" without getting another ticket then the case just gets dismissed.

I've never heard anybody who hired a lawyer and regretted doing so although some grumble about the price. However, if you value your time they will usually save you enough time to justify the expense.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Of course, please feel free to ask any follow up questions in this thread. I want to be sure that all of your questions are answered. In addition, once you issue your Positive Rating the question will lock open and no longer time out so you can come back to it anytime in the future if you think of any follow ups.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you that was jelpful
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Great, glad to be of assistance!

Best wishes to you and please don't forget to leave a Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work.

Related Criminal Law Questions