How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Colleen Grady Your Own Question
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 555
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Colleen Grady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have been going to court almost two years battery charge

Customer Question

i have been going to court almost two years for a battery charge on my husband and 2nd degree forgery and i live in Arkansas and im on probation so when can i get these charges dismissed
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I will help you with your question. I have been an attorney for 27 years and I was a prosecutor for 9 years.

Can you tell me if you took a plea in this case with an agreement to drop the charges after you served probation?

If so, what did you take a plea to?

Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.

If you were offered a plea where you were placed on probation with an agreement that you will have your case dismissed once you successfully complete probation, you have to wait for the probation period to be over.

So, if you received probation for 3 years and you successfully complete the conditions of your probation, then the case will be dismissed in 3 years.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I will be happy to help more. If you are satisfied with my help, please rate my answer.