How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Gerald, Esq Your Own Question
Gerald, Esq
Gerald, Esq, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3920
Experience:  30 years of experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Gerald, Esq is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I got a citation in matteson Illinois of a , my car was

Customer Question

I got a citation in matteson Illinois for solicitation of a prostitute, my car was impounded, I paid 500 to the police station and and 260 to retrieve my car. The officer told me to pay the 500 dollar citation fine and it would not affect my record, this just happened 3 days ago. What should I do, I don't want to make things worse, what do I do?
JA: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in? And when did this happen?
Customer: Matteson Illinois, it happened June 10th 2016
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Gerald, Esq replied 1 year ago.


Thank you for using Just Answer. I want to provide you the best service I can. Please feel free to ask any follow up questions you have.

I am an attorney with 30 years of experience; I hope to provide you information that will help you in resolving your question.

You need to look very carefully at the citation and see what it is charging you with. If it is charging you with Solicitation, that is a Class A misdemeanor under Illinois law. This will definitely appear on your record as a criminal charge and conviction.

On the other hand if you have been charged with disorderly conduct this is a lesser offense. It will still appear on your record as a criminal conviction, but the specific nature of the offense will not.

Before pleading guilty and paying the fine you should see an attorney to review the citation and go over your options. You may be eligible for a "diversion program." Under these programs you are placed on probation for a period of time (6 months to a year) after which the underlying charge is DISMISSED and you would have no conviction record. If this option is available to you you should seriously consider it. Please discuss this option with your attorney.

Most attorneys who do this work with meet with you to assess your situation for little or no cost. You can find local counsel here:

I hope the information I provide is useful to you. I want you to be comfortable and satisfied with my attempt to assist you. Please, if you have ANY follow up questions, feel free to ask. Please note that I am generally unavailable Friday evening through Sunday.

Please do not forget to give me a positive rating. It adds nothing to your costs but it helps me greatly. Thank you.

If you are dissatisfied with my response PLEASE let me know before giving me a negative review so that I may try to be of better assistance. Or if you prefer, let me know and I can “Opt Out” and your question can be re-posted without additional cost to you. I will be fair to you and only ask the same from you.

Good luck.

Please note: Information is educational and not given as legal advice. Only your local attorney can give legal advice. I can't establish or accept an attorney-client relationship with you. All posts are available for public viewing.

Kind regards,


Related Criminal Law Questions