How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3165
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was recently informed that my mother has in the past taken

Customer Question

My name is Jaime ******** and I was recently informed that my mother has in the past taken out student loans in my name. I don't know how many or just how resent. However I want to prosecute her if I can.
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No. I just found out in the last few hours
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I'm not really sure. But I not only want my mom I also want to prosecute everyone involved.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Hello! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney with more than 18 years of experience. I am here to assist you with your questions. Please understand that if I ask you for additional information, you are NOT charged again and our communications are NOT timed. So please see this as a relaxed conversation between friends. I am here to help

Also, if you would like to chat on the phone, let me know and I can make that happen.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Do you have a specific question regarding this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to know how i can find out if studient loans weather in my past or pressent have been issued in my name and using my personal information, and what i need to do to prove it was my mother who got the loans and what i can do to prosecute her to the fullest exstent of the law.
Expert:  P. Simmons replied 1 year ago.

Have you been contacted by a creditor regarding this?
That is, has a bank claimed you owe them money?

Related Criminal Law Questions