How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My nephew was stopped by the police routine search, he had a

Customer Question

Hi my nephew was stopped by the police for a routine search, he had a gun in the car, he presented his gun papers to the officers, they locked him up now he is on house arrest.
he went to court they continued he received a continuation . this is his fist offense never been to jail, graduated from college 2 years ago in criminal justice
we will need a lawyer on his next court date this month. can you recommend one in Chicago his case is held in Cook County on 26 California
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon:

My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question.

Now, experts here are not allowed, by site rules and protocols, from making "recommendations" of attorneys. What I can do, however, is provide you information online and provide links to attorney referral services that have lists of attorneys in the area who my be able to help you.

Attorneys around 26th and Cal do not charge for phone consultations, meaning you can make free phone calls to discuss with them his case and discuss fees before deciding on which attorney you would like to hire.

Would you like to proceed with that information?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I forgot to mention he is on house arrest. will I be charge a fee to speak with the lawyer and will I be charged for this for the information from you since you didn't give me any assistance. I could pull up a list myself
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.

You will not be charged to speak to an attorney over the phone when they offer free consultations (which most of them do and advertise). To make sure, you can simply ask for a free consultation when you call them.

Also, if you would like, I can make request to close this question since you were not able to get the exact information you were hoping to find here, meaning you will not be charged for this question. Would you like me to do this?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Please close it out with no charge