How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 117375
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How to go about filling leaving the country.

Customer Question

How to go about filling for voluntary leaving the country.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Unless you have been detained by immigration or charged with illegal entry, you do not need to file anything to leave the country. You can just make your arrangements for travel and leave. You do not have to file anything.
It is only if you have been charged by immigration with unlawful presence that you need to get your attorney to file a motion with the court to allow for voluntary deportation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I leave on my own on travel paper from my embassy will I get stopped at immigration for not having documentation showing how I got to the states in the first place.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
You would get stopped on entry to your own country and have to prove to them you are a citizen, the US is not going to stop you from leaving the US. So if you have the travel papers from your embassy, that is all you need to get back into your own country.