Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have a question My wife was studying English as second

Customer Question
Hi I have a question My...
Hi I have a question
My wife was studying English as second language, on a scholarship. As she approached the end of the language time, I asked about an alternative to the IELTS, I was informed by friends that she can register for ENGLISH 101 and 102 at strayer University, and that an educational service office can help us to do that.
I went to an office ( they offered me to get her a fake transcript for 700$
I refused and told them I need a real course and we will need help with tottering I paid approximately 2400$
For both. As they took long time with no communication about the course start date or any thing I went back to them
And they informed me that they got the transcripts and that they have provided the college with a copy!!!!!!
This office had a legal issues and one guy was sentenced in jail ( not the lady who talked to me)
Now this caused my wife a lot of trouble that she is not the cause of.
What can we do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
6/4/2016
Criminal Lawyer: CalAttorney2, Attorney replied 1 year ago
CalAttorney2
CalAttorney2, Attorney

Dear Customer,

Thank you for using our forum. My name is ***** ***** I hope to assist you today.

Your wife can sue the university for breach of contract and fraud (I know you paid, but your wife was the student), you can use small claims court for this suit (likely odds are that they will "default" on the lawsuit - particularly if one of their principals is in jail).

The value of having the judgment against them is that your wife can then show this to the other schools where the issue is to help prove the veracity of her claims that she has nothing to do with the false diplomas being presented and ask whatever schools or institutions that are affected to disregard them. (I cannot promise an outcome, and she is probably going to be best served by contacting these institutions directly to see how to best resolve this issue to their satisfaction).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
This is not going to work
As she was not convinced in the first time. In addition, the situation became more complicated as we ware asked to transfer from community college to a university.
My wife was in the deans list, but now as this issue came to surface she is depressed and doesn't know what to say or do.

Dear Customer,

I am going to "opt out" and allow another expert to follow up with you.

Please do not post any further at this time as it will delay the next expert's ability to follow up.

If you need any assistance in the meantime, please contact our customer service at: http://ww2.justanswer.com/help

Thank you for using our forum, and I do wish you the best of luck.

Bill

Criminal Lawyer: Dwayne B., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer

Hello and thank you for contacting us. Different expert here, this is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

WHat have you done so far and what is your objective?

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer