Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
11068102

I was charged with 7803–64 I couldn't really read it very

Customer Question

I was charged with 7803–64 I couldn't really read it very well so I'm not sure if the six floor is correct it was one count of battery in Broward county Florida I want to know if I need to hire an attorney
JA: I can help you talk to the lawyer. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: Do I need a lawyer?
JA: I can help you talk to the lawyer. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: I want to find out if I need an attorney
JA: I can help you talk to the lawyer. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: OK how can you help me talk to the attorney
JA: OK. The lawyer will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the lawyer can help you best.
Customer: I was accused of hitting someone in the upper body there was no witnesses there was no injury I was accused of pulling a knife that was never found or ever seen
JA: Is there anything else important you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

It is my opinion that anytime anyone is charged with a criminal offense higher than a traffic ticket they should hire a lawyer because in any other case there is always the chance that you could go to jail. If it's your first offense it s unlikely you would go to jail, but certainly it is possible.

The only drawback to a lawyer is the cost. The lawyer will provide a realistic assessment of your case, tell you whether you should plead or go to trial (and there are MANY cases where a person pleads when the DA would have not been able to prove their case at trial) and will handle a lot of matters for you that will take hours and hours of your time.

If you need to find a lawyer in your area you can go to www.lawyers.com and enter "Criminal law" under the Area of Practice section

Please ask any follow up question in this thread.