TexCrimLawyer, J.D.
TexCrimLawyer, J.D., Lawyer
Experience:  Experienced in state and federal criminal litigation.
45002201

My son had some mental issues he throught some one was after

Customer Question

My son had some mental issues he throught some one was after him he was driving got pull over throught his life was threaten so he wouldn't let the cops handcuff him they took him to jail kept him in a room for 51days without a evaluation his original charge was resisting arrest now they saying he got a charge while he was in there insight of a riot something in that nature they called and said he had to go to court for that and they want him to plead guilty
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  TexCrimLawyer, J.D. replied 1 year ago.

Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.

Was he appointed a lawyer?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
but he haven't told him about he was in a mental hospital the night before it happen all charges that he had was dismiss they came up with this one 2days ago he want him to plead guilty
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
He throught somebody WA free him so he wouldn't let police handcuff him so they originally did resisting arrest now they saying insighting a riot

Sorry for the delay getting back with you.

His attorney needs to know about his mental issues. He may have an insanity defense. To prove insanity, he needs to be able to show that as a result of his mental illness, he did not understand what he was doing or the concequences for his actions. He can't really expect his attorney to make the best decision for him without all the facts.