How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27089
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I would like to know if a charge of trust with fradualent

Customer Question

Hi. I would like to know if a charge for breach of trust with fradualent intent be expunged in SC.
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What information is needed?
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: the company was with Walmart?
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.


I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Were you convicted of this charge or only arrested? Was the charge a misdemeanor or a felony?

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

I was hoping to hear the answer to my question so that I could give you less general information.

To apply for an expungement you need to petition the solicitor for your county. He sends the petition to SLED to be approved. It is SLED that determines whether your case can be expunged or not.

You can read more about the process here.

South Carolina has a broad expungement law. For the most part, however, they do not expunge convictions, except for a few specific exceptions not for your particular charge.

You can read a good overview of the law of your state here. But unless your matter was nolled or dismissed or you got pre trial diversion, you are not going to be eligible for an expungement.

That means you would need a pardon from your governor in order to remove some of the stigma of your conviction. Here is the link to the pardon information. YOu can download the application from that page.

Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.