Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

I have 2 old dwi in ri : yes got one in ma saying old ones

Customer Question
I have 2 old dwi...
I have 2 old dwi in ri
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes got one in ma saying old ones still count
JA: What advice did they give you? Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: had almost 10yrs sober no ouis in 11yrs
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: not realy wanted 2 no if I can get them off record
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/27/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor

I'm Zoey and I'll be assisting you. I'm reviewing your question now. Are you online at this time?

Are you asking about the Rhode Island expungement laws and whether you can remove two old DUIs from your record?

The answer is that Rhode Island would allow you to expunge a first non-violent misdemeanor five years after the commission of that misdemeanor so long as you have not been arrested or convicted of another offense during that time.

You can see the expungement law of your state here.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD