Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Lawyer
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I was walking my dog ( I used a collar and leash) in the

Customer Question

I was walking my dog ( I used a collar and leash) in the middle of the road, when a much larger dog attacked mine. The dog was not on a leash. I eventually managed to protect
my dog. I eventually produced a knife to go after the other animal, which produced
my body on the dog owner's property. Now, I am being charged with a 3rd degree
misdemeanor-disorderly conduct- No charge for threatening the owner, only the dog.
Now, I have no record of any sort, I am 68 years old and a disabled Vietnam Vet.
(Have lived in my present home for overt 37 years. What do you think?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I'll be happy to help you in any way I can. My goal is to make sure you are completely satisfied before you submit your rating so please let me know if you have additional questions or you need me to clarify anything. If there is a delay in the time it takes me to respond it is because I am working with a customer or I am not online - but rest assured I will respond to your follow up question, if you have one. Also, I am on a mobile unit, which automatically asks you to submit a rating once I submit a response – but please don't feel like you need to do so until we are done speaking. Was your dog injured? Were you injured? Ideally, you want to show that it was self-defense and the best way to do that is to have some defensive injuries. Did you have to go to a doctor or hospital? Did your dog have to go to the vet after the incident? All of these things would help your position. If you can't establish any of these, you can decide either to proceed on your own or with and attorney. Since this is your first offense and you are a senior citizen I would be very, very surprised if you did not receive probation. Please let me know if you have additional questions or need me to clarify anything.
The other thing is, in today's day and age everybody is always filming something -- so if there is any video showing attack that would be helpful to you as well.

Can I answer anything else for you?

Hello. I noticed you have not yet submitted a rating and therefore it remains "Open" on my end. I was wondering if you need any additional information or need me to clarify anything first. I’d be happy to do so.