Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

I am a senior and live in an HOA development and a man who

Customer Question

I am a senior and live in an HOA development and a man who was asked to fill in for the president who was sick has been harassing me from Nov 18, 2014 until present although he was relieved of that post in FEb. 2015. Because I resented his bully attitude he told me he was going to be on my case . When I asked him if he was trying to harass me , he replied ' you don't see nothing yet.' I have called the sheriff dept. at least four times and he took off before the officer arrived. Because he is not listed in the association phone directory and the house he is living in is not listed on the tax roll I was unable to direct the officers to his residence .Every time he came he never failed to repeat ' I am the president and if you don't do what I say you will be fined and the fines start at $1,000.' The last time he came and threatened me, I told him to get off my property or I would have him arrested for trespassing. His answer was 'I am the president - this is my property - you cant stop me from coming on it . In the days he patrols my home in a Nissan Murano and in the nights, a yellow corvette. [ I know he needs psychiatric evaluation ].
I am asking your assistance because I searched the internet under ' harassment attorneys ' and found that those listed were only offering legal assistance to the persons who were doing the harassment. Can you give me your opinion and suggest an attorney who can represent me for what I have mentioned is a brief scan of what has occurred .
Thanks in advance ..
Raymond..
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.

I am sorry to hear about this situation, Raymond. You know that you can still file a criminal complaint even if he has taken off by the time the police get there. So someone in your situation may simply wish to go ahead and do so. And you may wish to install a camera which would capture him coming up to and on your property, which may help your claim of harassment, trespass, and threats to the police. Even if he is not charged per se, the fact that the police may come and talk with him can scare him enough to stop, likely.

In addition, you can file a restraining order against him with/without the police complaint. See HERE for step by step directions on how to do so.

I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.

Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
Hello again. This is a courtesy check in to see if you needed anything else in regards ***** ***** question because you never responded or replied positively. I am simply touching base. Let me know. Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry I could not reply yesterday, 5-26-16, because Comcast service was not working until this afternoon, 5-27-16.
However, I am aware of the steps you mentioned but I need an attorney to represent me in court to bring an end to this antagonism and harassment and based on the information displayed on your website I had the impression that you could at least refer me to an attorney who handles personal harassment cases for this is what I stated in my original question -
' I am asking your assistance because I searched on the internet under ' harassment attorneys ' and found that most listed were only offering legal assistance to the persons who were doing the harassment. Can you give me your opinion and suggest an attorney who can represent me ? '
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the wait. I just now was able to get back online. I will reply later on in the afternoon with a full answer. This is just an "FYI" to let you know that I have not forgotten about you. There is nothing you need to do at this time.
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.

JustAnswer experts actually cannot refer you to specific attorneys. We are not allowed to do so. Ergo, I am afraid that I cannot do that. However, I think this may help you: you may wish to modify your search for restraining order attorneys Hawaii.
Or, may I recommend the Hawaii Bar referral program. The attorneys are vetted and qualified. You should be able to find an attorney you are confident with and whom you can trust, and who is available ASAP:
https://hsba.org/HSBA/FOR_THE_PUBLIC/Find_a_Lawyer/HSBA/For_the_Public_/Find%20a%20Lawyer.aspx
Gentle Reminder: Please, use REPLY or SEND button to keep chatting, or RATE POSITIVELY and SUBMIT your rating when we are finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your reply but if your service is unable to refer me to an attorney who can represent me, as I requested in the first place, then we can end the matter here and there will be no reason to collect the proposed fee of $54.00.
Thanks so much for trying and best of luck..
Expert:  Ely replied 1 year ago.
I am surprised that you could not be matched with an attorney for this matter with the Bar referral service.
Regardless, good luck to you.