How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am on probation as an unclassified misdemeanor, i recently

Customer Question

i am on probation as an unclassified misdemeanor, i recently got a new probation officer who has told me first off that i am not entitled any rights under law, then second i was slandered not only once but a 2nd time as well as she began calling me both a felon as well as a violent criminal, both of which i am not
JA: Since probation regulations vary, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: wisconsin
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: i have attempted but no attorney is willing to deal with the county i am on probation in..... washington county
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: i had another probation officer who violated my miranda rights and tried to change a statement i made when another person filed a false report about me back in march
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand your concern. Can you share with me what your question is?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is there anything i can do in regards ***** ***** probation officer not only slandering me, but also telling me out right directly i have absolutely no rights?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i know i get off of probation in about 7 months from now and i have not even gotten a parking ticket while on probation, this new probation officer has even gone as far as telling me i do not even have the right to freedom of speech, and she even threatened to have me arrested from what my parents were saying outside of the probation office in west bend wisconsin, saying she had the right to punish me for what others say and or do in regards ***** *****
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Allow me a moment
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
In a situation like this, you can certainly contact their supervisor, advise them of what is happening and place them on notice. Moreover, you can ask to be reassigned a new probation officer, if they are over stepping their boundaries and authority. Moreover, once you have completed half of your probation sentence, you can always go back before the court and ask the Judge for early termination. When a defendant is on probation, they do lose some of their rights and privacy, since they are under the supervision of the State. For something small like this, your PO just wants to make sure you are staying out of trouble and trying to scare you. They have other defendants they are supervising who are of greater concern, so this may be a tactic to scare you straight. In addition, there has to be a legal basis to violate you. What others say and do, would not likely be enough for a violation and there would need to be evidence to support it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i can not afford pay an additional expense for this, i just need to know where to look for the answers i need in regards ***** ***** violated by someone trying to manipulate the law to their will, and not actually follow the law in regards ***** ***** rights
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
No additional fee would be charged. In addition, what rights are being violated here?