How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27051
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

This is a year after submitting my first application to

Customer Question

this is a year after submitting my first application to medicaid. They want, I believe a new bank statement for thenew year. I know I am over-income in my checking account. My ex-husband passed and let me some money that I was able to deposit into my account. During this time, I was so depressed it seems I couldn't think straight and attend to my affairs properly. I did not call the food stamp place and tell them to not send money in on my card. The amount was $64.00/month. The last month,(in May, I didn't even use the money).
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: First of all, I live in Merrillville, In. and I think I need to see someone around here. I don't know who to see.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Have you been contacted about an overpayment or an investigation? Typically, if you are worried that they may come after you for SNAP fraud, you would want to get out ahead of this and disclose the mistake you made and ask for a payment schedule. They can still choose to notify the authorities, but they are less likely to do so if you are forthright. You may want to have a local lawyer arrange that for you if you're worried about incriminating yourself.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.