How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27196
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm looking to file a restraining or protective order in the

Customer Question

I'm looking to file a restraining or protective order in the Dallas county and would like to know where to go and the process. It is for harassment, threats and stalking against me, my friends and my work
JA: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: The lawyer I have spoken with is a family friend outside of Texas. I have not spoken with one here yet
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: The abuser is threatening to file a civil suit against me, but my lawyer says he has no case because I have done nothing illegal nor anything that justifies having a case
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Do you have evidence of this conduct by the other party?
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Hi, are you still with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have text messages he has sent to me, direct messages he has sent to 3 of my friends. All with proof of him threatening to expose things to my job, family, other family friends as well as harassment and him admitting to seeking out multiple forms of social media on each in order to gain more information on me
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
threats to "ruin my life"
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Yes, you can start by going to the court house in the county where you reside. You can speak with the clerk of courts and they will give you the forms to fill out and file. You may want to bring any evidence which you may have, to attach to the complaint which is filed. The Judge will review it and can impose a temporary order. Thereafter, another hearing will be set whereby you and the other party will need to appear, so the Judge can determine if this should be permanenetly put in place.At the hearing, witnesses and evidence can be presented, to show and support when you need this in place and how you fear for your safety
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify anything. I am here to help so please just let me know.

Related Criminal Law Questions