How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 118286
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was in an car accident that was in 2010. I was falsely

Customer Question

I was in an car accident that was in 2010. I was falsely accused of being on to much medication. I have blood test from the next day saying i was not. I was deaf woman and never spoken to but blamed for being on something i was not and have proof of that as well. My lisence was suspended with out notified and I drove any way when i renwed my licence I was told it was susended. now i just let it go when this happend not knowing i was not to be driving and i never contacted the police about this incident. i have now in 2016 since i do have a drunk driving that is true and do not want this false thing to come into play
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
In 2010 were you actually charged or convicted of the DUI on medication or did it just say they believed you were on too much medication at the time of the accident in the accident report?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i did not go to court but my license was taken. the blood test was not done because of this it was sceduled because i was comming from the doctor when it happened. i was deaf and 2 months later i had surgery to correct it in one ear not the other. i did not even put everything together at that time not to 2011 when i found out i had no license. I just need to know if there is a statue of limitations on a law suite I have all the proof and let them go now that i have this drunk driving that happend in the state of connetcate that i am being charged here where i live and was told by the state police the police from the town in conn. there were no charges.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your reply.
Unfortunately, you had 3 years to file any type of suit regarding any false charges against you. All you can do is apply to get your license back and prove that you were never intoxicated and your license should now be reinstated. If you were not charged back in the 2010 case though, then it would have no bearing on this new case.
You should have an attorney representing you on the new charges though to try to get them reduced or even dismissed, which would be in your best interests.