How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27056
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My son used my car and was in an area where a drug sting was

Customer Question

My son used my car and was in an area where a drug sting was underway. He was not held or charged with anything but they confiscated my car. The officer said that him being in that area screwed up the sting so that's why they were taking the Car. How do I get it back. They gave him a number to call but it is never answered.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, That's outrageous. You will get it back, but you will have to pay the impound fee to do so. Call the police that confiscated the car and ask them for another phone number. If you get a runaround contact a local civil attorney, and let him deal with this for you. It does not sound as if your son did anything wrong, and they had no basis to take your car.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thre

Related Criminal Law Questions