Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Is it illegal to be videotaped by someone in a public

Customer Question
parking lot?...
Is it illegal to be videotaped by someone in a public parking lot?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/19/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. The direct answer to your question of whether or not it is illegal to be videotaped by someone in a public place (assuming the person being videotaped is also in a public place) would be no. It is not illegal. The very act of videotaping one who is in a public place in and of itself is not illegal. However, certain acts associated with the taping may constitute an offense. For instance, if the videotaping occurs during a period where the videotaper is loitering or prowling, under FL law, would be a crime (the specific crime would be loitering). But the act of videotaping, itself, is not unlawful assuming everything (including the person being videotaped) is in a public place? Any questions based on this? If so, please ask and I would be happy to assist further. If not, please remember that experts here are NOT employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for assisting an individual until they click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Your cooperation in this regard would be appreciated. ***General information provided here is for educational and informational purposes and does not constitute legal advice, nor should it be relied upon as such. It is always wise to consult with an attorney licensed in your jurisdiction as to your specific facts as they would be in the position to best assist***
Just a reminder, if you have no other questions, please remember to click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Thank you.
Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer