How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28377
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a friend who was arrested violation and failure to

Customer Question

I have a friend who was arrested for traffic violation and failure to appear we are trying to get him out at the bail hearing on his own recognizance is and I need to know what I need to do if I need to speak to the prosecuting attorney or how do I approach the judge or if I can file a motion pro say before is hearing this morning I'm on a time sensitive issue I'm a former paralegal but I'm now blind
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. I certainly understand the situation and your concern. You can not represent him or speak on his behalf. Her would need to either retain counsel or speak on his own. When he goes before the Judge, the key is to convince the court that he poses no threat or danger to the community, this is a non-violent crime, he has ties to the community and that he promises to appear at all subsequent hearings. He could even propose some type of pre-trial release, in lieu of the bond and seeing how this is for a simply traffic violation / failure to appear, there is no reason to hold him and set a bond which he can to afford.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help so please just let me know.