Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

So I was charge battery as a misdemeanor four years

Customer Question
So I was charge for...
So I was charge for sexual battery as a misdemeanor four years ago in the county of Los Angeles california. It was my first offense didnt serve prison time. My punishment was only 30 days of community service and probation without parole, I had to a fee of 400$ for fines I have done everything I asked for without a problem. And ever since then I havnt been convicted or arrested for any crimes. Is it possible to get my conviction expundged
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/18/2016
Criminal Lawyer: LawTalk, Lawyer replied 1 year ago
LawTalk, Lawyer
Good afternoon Juan,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a CA licensed attorney with 30+ years of experience. So long as you completed your probation and all other portions of your release such as community service and fines, then you are eligible to apply for an expungement of your conviction under CA law. Keep in mind that the engagement is more of a the setting aside of your plea and the dismissal of the case. It does not remove the conviction from your rap sheet though. It will allow you to claim that you were never convicted of the crime for purposes of applying for jobs that are not state or federal jobs. Here is more information on this subject: http://www.recordgone.com/statutes/california-penal-code-section-1203-4.php You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Good evening,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug
LawTalk, Lawyer