How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37639
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

So I was charge battery as a misdemeanor four years

Customer Question

So I was charge for sexual battery as a misdemeanor four years ago in the county of Los Angeles california. It was my first offense didnt serve prison time. My punishment was only 30 days of community service and probation without parole, I had to a fee of 400$ for fines I have done everything I asked for without a problem. And ever since then I havnt been convicted or arrested for any crimes. Is it possible to get my conviction expundged
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Juan,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am a CA licensed attorney with 30+ years of experience. So long as you completed your probation and all other portions of your release such as community service and fines, then you are eligible to apply for an expungement of your conviction under CA law. Keep in mind that the engagement is more of a the setting aside of your plea and the dismissal of the case. It does not remove the conviction from your rap sheet though. It will allow you to claim that you were never convicted of the crime for purposes of applying for jobs that are not state or federal jobs. Here is more information on this subject: You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good evening,Do you have any additional questions that you would like me to address for you?In case you would like a phone call to further discuss these issues you have raised, I will make that offer to you. You are certainly not obligated to accept a call offer, but many people do find it helpful for clarification purposes, as well as to allow them to ask additional questions.As I have provided you with the information you asked for, would you please now rate my service to you so I can be compensated for assisting you?Thanks in advance,Doug

Related Criminal Law Questions