Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Insurance issue JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help

Customer Question
insurance issue JA: The Criminal Lawyer...
insurance issue
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: filed an auto claim but information was incorrect. I have a call scheduled with an adjuster, and wondering if I should just say the full story of what actually happened.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: I have collision insurance, and there is damage to my car. I want to know if I should just drop the claim, or tell them what happened and try and get it fixed as I am covered
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I don't want a call, I pushed that by accident
5/18/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law

Hello

This is Samuel and I will discuss this and provide you information in this regard.

I don't participate in phone calls. So there won't be any. We will continue here.

Please tell me what are the circumstances? Are you concerned you will be charged with fraud on the current report?

In other words, did you make the claim on based on a falsehood?

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
the claim that I filed was not correct.I really hit someone in the back, and they let me go. For some reason, I called my insurance 2 days later and told them that my car was parked on the street and I think that someone hit it and left. I have collision insurance, and wondering what to do. Should I just drop the claim? or should I just give them the real story?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Also, I have the claims adjuster calling me to do a recorded call. I am waiting to get consultation before making anymore correspondence. They also want me to take my car into one of their shops as well which I haven't done yet either. So far I have only made the initial claim.

Thank you. Of course I cannot tell you what to do. I can only provide the possible consequences in your scenarios.

So if you continue with the claim as it is now you risk being charged with a fraudulent report. If you tell them you made a fraudulent claim, then you also risk a criminal charge because the claim was made with an intent to gain.

If you drop the claim, chances of any charges are minimized. But if they wanted to investigate for potential fraud they could.

In most states, the charge of insurance claim fraud is generally a felony. If you provide me with your state, I can be more specific as to possible criminal charge and penalty.

I hope this helps in your decision making process.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
If I close the claim, and I obligated to give a reason for closing the claim or can I simply just say I no longer want to file the claim?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I mean't to say "am I obligated"

You may be asked why. And you can tell them you changed your mind for whatever reason.

Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law