How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27045
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit arson, and

Customer Question

Conspiracy to commit murder, conspiracy to commit arson, and criminal threat
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes. Two
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: To wait for arraignment, to talk to no one about the cases, and he answers no questions
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Defendant is a minor, will Loren then stay in juvenile court. No former history. No one was injured
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, These are very serious charges for which, in my experience, a juvenile defendant will be prosecuted as an adult in adult court. If you tell me the US state in which your son is being charged, I can check into that for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is this going to be a public posting?
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
JustAnswer is a public website. All questions and answers are theoretically searchable. That said, there is nothing in this post that would lead to you. Your name shows up only as JACUSTOMER-euh85ccx- so it would not be traceable to you. We could communicate instead via email, but that would be an premium service only available for an additional fee. Let me know if you are interested in that option.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No, I do not need any more advice, I will stick to his attorney for that as you do not know what you are talking about.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
I specifically asked you what state this was occurring in so that I could check into your laws, but you failed to give me that information. In mine and in many others, charges like this would automatically be heard in adult court regardless of the age of the defendant. Best of luck with the case.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Due to his attorney telling me not to discuss the case with anyone so I can't tell you what state. There has been no mention of moving it to adult court because the ages and education levels prevent that
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank for the reply. Over all then, it's best that you just discuss this with the attorney, actually on the case. The charges are serious, and while everything here is anonymous, I wouldn't want to compromise the case in any way. I wish him and you good luck.