Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

My fiance has been incarcerated incident that occurred

Customer Question

My fiance has been incarcerated for an incident that occurred 6 years ago on state forest land on a nonmaintained road.
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Not yet, limited finances since he has not been able work at his landscaping job.
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: He was residing with his Uncle Russ Poet's camper located on a privately owned campground in PA State Forest, after a snow storm Jeff (defendant) he was driving on a state forest road clearly signed no winter maintenance. Jeff slide on ice into a dip on the right side of the icy road and Called his son to pull him out. However an unknown person called the PSP as they suspected alcohol. Even though he was standing outside of the truck. As far as I understand a woman from the bar had been driving. She fled the scene.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: In the past 5 years we've been together, he has had the ARD classes, had the Blow n Go installed for 14 months, lost his license for 12 months. Yet he is incarcerated and being pressured to plead guilty.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 27 years and I was a prosecutor for 9 years.Can you please tell me the following:What state are you in?Why is he now in jail after 6 years? Was there a warrant?What do they want him to plead guilty to?