Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

Can I leave the county out on bail days ?

Customer Question

Can I leave the county out on bail for 5 days ?
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I leave the county for a few 5 days ( we are headed to China on a business trip ) I spoke with my lawyer and bail bondsman and they both told me it nothing to worry about. I asked my lawyer to provide me something in writing he stated it was no need for anything. My bail bondsman wrote me a permission letter for my carry on but he informed me I won't need it. I just want to be sure. A pending 2nd degree felony ( that will be dismissed.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Good evening Mike: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. Let me ask, in addition to the customary conditions of bond, where you given any "special conditions" of bond?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No no condition bond.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
If you received any notification of a phone call request, please disregard this as it was automatically generated by the website and not from me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
spoke with my lawyer and bail bondsman and they both told me it nothing to worry about. I asked my lawyer to provide me something in writing he stated it was no need for anything. My bail bondsman wrote me a permission letter for my carry on but he informed me I won't need it. I just want to be sure. A pending 2nd degree felony ( that will be dismissed. I just want to make sure TSA or customs won't detain me or pull me aside.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Alright. So, if you have ordinary conditions of bond, then you would be allowed to leave the county. Ordinary conditions of bond include:1) not committing any criminal offense2) not contact the "victim"3) not leave the state unless given permission by the Court (usually) However, in answer to your question, there is no prohibition in leaving the county, meaning you can travel to other counties in the state of Florida unless specifically told not to. Any questions based on this? If so, please ask and I would be happy to answer or provide clarification on what I have provided. If not, please remember that experts here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for assisting an individual until they click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Your cooperation in this regard would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm sorry not county the country we are going to China for a business trip.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Ok, that makes a minor difference, but not much for your purposes. Since you do not have any additional conditions to your bond besides the regular conditions, it would be up to your bail bondsmen to determine if you can leave the country. Since your bondsman (i.e., "surety") is giving you permission to leave the country then you are allowed to leave the country. The only way you cannot leave the country is:1) If the Court adds that condition to your bond; or2) Your surety (here, the bondsman) informs you that you cannot leave the country (which is probably why he told you that you won't need the permission letter) Since, based on what you have told me, none of these conditions exist, then there is still no prohibition against you leaving the country.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok because he gave me a written letter on letter head but he told me I won't need it but I wanted it just in case.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Sure. It is always best to play it safe. But since you have full authority and permission to leave the country, you will be allowed to and TSA (or any other agency) will not/cannot stop you (nor will they even know about the pending offense, since it is still pending and not finalized).
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Oh ok so they won't see it and they will allow me to exit and rendered the country with no problems.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Correct, since no conviction would yet be entered against you (which are the only records/information that TSA would have access to and be able to use against you because arrests/pending charges don't count against you), you would not have an issue with exiting/entering the country.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Good morning: I see you have read my last posting. Please remember that if you have no other questions, it is important to click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Thank you!
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to comply with the Terms of Service and click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided if you have no other questions. Thank you.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon: Please remember to click ACCEPT and leave a positive rating if you have no other questions. Thank you.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Thank you.