Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Who can have the parole lifted on my friend? What is

Customer Question
precedure , how long does...
Who can have the parole lifted on my friend? What is precedure , how long does it take? It would be nice for him to be in a safe happy environment and be able to see family before he went to mental and he could sign himself in or is this at all possibles?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/13/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Only the parole board can release him or the courts that convicted him. Either way he needs an attorney locally to file first with the parole board and then if denied he can appeal that to the court. He is going to have to present the medical evidence with a doctor's testimony to convince the board or the court that he should be moved to an inpatient treatment facility and out of jail.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Do you have a recommendation locally for an attorney. What would suggest as far as time allowed. He is so afraid and he is suffering so much with his mental state of course I'd like to get this done as cost effiently and quickly as possible for him.
Thank you for your reply.
Legally we are forbidden from making personal referrals, the best place we can send you is to the same sites used by attorneys to get a criminal defense attorney, http://www.lexmundi.com or http://www.hg.org.
Also, places like the Southern Poverty law Center could possibly assist (http://www.splcenter.org
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer