Legal-Kal
Legal-Kal, Criminal Defense Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at Law Offices of Khaled Issa
90630425

Was arrested in Pontiac Ill indecency code 1570

Customer Question

was arrested in Pontiac Ill for public indecency code 1570 according to arrest report at sentry booking statute(###) ###-####was given offense 1585 criminal sexual assault crime class a. Was told it was i misdemeanor not sure what class A means criminal assault means. Was masturbating in my car and was covered over. How seous is this and do I need a Lawyer?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon: My name is ***** ***** I would be happy to provide general information regarding your question. May I ask, have you ever been convicted of public indecency before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That's ok we can type
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Thank you. Also, if you received a phone call notification, please be advised that this is a message that is generated by the website and was not generated by me. So, a Class A misdemeanor is the highest misdemeanor offense in Illinois. It is punishable by jail time of up to 364 days in county jail and a fine of up to $2,500.00. Also, if a person is convicted of three or more public indecency offenses, they will be forced to register as a Sex Offender. So, the offense is serious in nature because of the long-term ramifications. While jail time for a person with no previous criminal history is rare for this offense (as most likely you will receive some other type of disposition), it is still technically allowable under the law. Also, because the offense is punishable by jail time (again, punishable, which does not mean you will absolutely be sentenced to jail), the law requires that an attorney represent you. So if you cannot afford an attorney, a public defender will be appointed for you in Court to handle the matter. Any questions based on this? If so, please ask!
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Just a reminder, a response to your questions has been posted. If you have any questions based on this, or need clarification on anything provided, please ask. If not, please remember that experts here are not employees of JustAnswer and do not get credited for assisting an individual until they click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Your cooperation in this regard would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Hello, just checking in. If you have no other question, please remember to click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided. Thanks.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Good morning: Just a reminder, if you have no other questions, please remember to click ACCEPT and rate the assistance provided as that is the only way an expert can be credited for assisting individuals here. Thank you.
Expert:  Legal-Kal replied 1 year ago.
Please remember to click ACCEPT and leave a positive rating if you have no other questions.