How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask LawTalk Your Own Question
LawTalk, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 37683
Experience:  30 years legal experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
LawTalk is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Arrested 8 months ago trying to pick up bogus RX, was

Customer Question

Arrested 8 months ago trying to pick up bogus RX, was released after 2 hours. Investigator now calling and wanting me to come to station to "clear this up" Threatening to issue arrest warrant for me. Can they rearrest me on the same thing? He says if I come in it will be a fine, but if not he will file state charges. I can't afford an attorney. I have no criminal history. RX was for sleeping pills, schedule 4. Thank you
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon Kim,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I am very sorry, and I empathize with your concern and fear. But honestly, you need a criminal defense attorney. Because yes, they can re-arrest you for the same charge 8 months later and they can still criminally charge you with a crime. I suspect that they lied when they told you that you could come in and clear it up. There is nothing to clear up. They in all likelihood plan to question you, then immediately arrest and book you and then have the prosecutor criminally prosecute you. The police may legally lie to you, and you being told that if you come in that it will be fine is almost certainly a lie. If you cannot afford an attorney then about all you can do is either appear knowing that there is a very strong chance that you are going to be arrested and booked into jail, or you can wait for them to seek an arrest warrant. Once you have been arrested and charged you will get an arraignment in court at which time you can ask to have an attorney appointed for you. You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.I hope that I have been able to fully answer your question. As I am not an employee of JustAnswer, please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am compensated for assisting you. Thank you in advance.I wish you and yours the best in 2016,Doug