How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask CrimDefense Your Own Question
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 28319
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
CrimDefense is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I won in small claims court by default. Several hours later

Customer Question

I won in small claims court by default. Several hours later the defentdant faxed bankrupy papers to the court. The court today called me and said the papers were falsified. Do I have any reourse on this or does the court have any recourse??
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: no
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: I am the plaintiff requesting payment of construction work done at the defendants home in January. Defendant has not paid the 7000.00 he owes me. Court date was yesterday, defendant did not show up. Several hours later the court called me and said he faxed bankrupcy papers to the court Today they called again and said the papers were false.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Good morning. Yes, a motion could be filed to hold the party in contempt and to impose sanctions. They filed papers with the intent to mislead and committed a fraud upon the court and now that the court is aware, the court can 1) sanction them and 2) file criminal charges and have the State prosecute them. You can advise the Judge of this and can also possible use it to your advantage, advising that if he pays what is owed, you will walk away from this.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will the court automatically sanction him or do I have to do something. This man is a well known crook in Worcester,Ma taking advantage a young man trying to make a living!
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
This needs to be brought to the Judges attention. While the clerk identified this, you want the Judge to be aware so action can be taken. Moreover, if he is a well known crook and has a history of this, the court will be more inclined to prosecute him criminally as well.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at the top at this time, so the site will give me credit for my time. Thank you again.
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Please let me know if you have any follow up questions or need any clarification on something which I stated above. Also, remember to rate my service at the top of this page, before exiting the site, so I can receive credit for my help. I hope you found it to be Excellent! Only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. If you feel the need to click either of the two lower ratings to the left, please stop and reply to me. I want to make sure your experience with the site was as pleasurable as possible and that you are satisfied with the help I provided.