Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
7286322

What constitutes possession of a firearm JA: The Criminal

Customer Question

What constitutes possession of a firearm
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Locked up in the garage
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Your question is over-broad (and incapable of being answered) as stated, and in order to give you a usable answer I must have more context. There are many ways that one can possess a firearm and whether a crime has been committed depends on the facts surrounding the matter. Does your question involve a convicted felon or convicted domestic violence misdemeanor defendant?2. What is locked in a garage? A firearm? How is it locked up? In what?Doug