Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Somebody we don't know acused my autistic mentally retarded

Customer Question
son of molesting another child...
somebody we don't know acused my autistic mentally retarded son of molesting another child younger than he is and taking a photo of the boys genitals and sending that photo to a friend of him. to this point the police find out the photo allegation was false when they check my sons phone. today they took a dna test for comparison.and they say the result are going to be known in six months. what will happen now? what can I do?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/10/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Samuel II, Attorney at Law replied 1 year ago
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law
HelloThis is Samuel. I am sorry to hear of this situation. So if there is a DNA match to your son, the police may come back and continue and investigation or they could also have an arrest warrant. If the DNA comes back a match to your son, I suggest you will want to consider consultation with a local criminal defense attorney or the Public Defender if you cannot afford a private attorney. More than likely if the DNA comes back a match, they will charge your son. At this time, there is nothing you can do but wait for the DNA results to come back. You can consult with a local criminal defense attorney now just in case there are charges, you would have someone at the ready.
I suggest, should the police call to speak to you or your son again, you do not need to participate in their interviews without having a local attorney present.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
can my disable child with mental retardation end up in prison for along time?
It is possible, yes.
There is no way anyone here can guess as to what would happen on a conviction given the mental condition of your son.
But your son could be ordered to have an evaluation to see if he is even able to comprehend any type of court proceeding
If he is not, then he could be placed in a mental health facility until he is able to comprehend or as long as doctor feels he may be a threat to himself and/or others - ie the community.
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
thank you
You're welcome. If you have other questions in this regard, you may post them here. Otherwise, a positive rating will ensure I get credit for my time and information. And you can always return here to ask follow up questions as they arise.
Samuel II
Samuel II
Samuel II, Attorney at Law