CrimDefense
CrimDefense, CriminalDefenseAtty
Experience:  10+ years defending Misdemeanor and Felony cases.
9540344

Pearl. Over the weekend I bumped into a parked car in a

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. Over the weekend I bumped into a parked car in a restaurant parking lot. As far as I could see there was no damage to my car or the other veichel. I did not leave a note. I later called the restaurant and left my name and number. I then called the Denver PD and they advised me to fill out a report. I'm not sure if there were any witnesses
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No I have not.
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: No.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  CrimDefense replied 1 year ago.
Good evening. Would you mind sharing with me what your question is? Has anyone contacted you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello there. It was about a week ago and I bumped into a parked car. No damage was done. I didn't leave a note. I was just worried though. I called the restaurant and left my name and number if they were contacted. I called the Denver PD and the officer advised me to fill out a report. I did. Nobdy has contacted me. Thanks!
Thank you. At this point, you have done everything that was required. If you filed and reported and advised the police of this and nobody from the department has contacted you, then it would not appear that any citation or charges are going to be filed. Moreover, nobody has personally contacted you based upon the information left with the restaurant, so it is likely that the other owner of the vehicle did notice anything, since there was no damage. What you need to be aware of in the future, is that you can not just leave the scene of an accident. If you are unable to find the owner or call the police, you do need to leave a note with your information, so they do not come back and try and charge you with leaving the scene of an accident.