How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3151
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My Mom and Step-dad have a will in place leaving everything

Customer Question

My Mom and Step-dad have a will in place leaving everything to each other, my Mom, has Durable and Medical POA, my Step-dad, has terminal cancer, and can't make decisions for himself, one of his daughters has stolen a large amount of belongingspace and cash from them, and has told her attorney, her Dad verbally gifted it to her, he has had a stroke, and can't speak for himself, isn't that THEFT?
JA: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: Yes, he is saying, My Mom will need file a civil law suit!
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: The lawyer said we have to file a civil suit!!
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No, my Mom has all POA paperwork, Will, they have been legally married for 29 years, and my Step-dad is still alive
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  RobertJDFL replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer. I understand the facts you've provided, but so I can look up the correct statutes, can you tell me what state this is in?