Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

Must you allow or does a police officer have to ask to measure the tint den

Customer Question
Must you allow or does...
Must you allow or does a police officer have to ask for permission to measure the tint density of the sedans front side windows before he determines whether to issue a citation
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/7/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer replied 1 year ago
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. A police officer does not have to ask for permission to measure tint density since it is something visible to the officer without a search. Since the window is visible, the officer can measure it without a warrant and issue a citation if they need to do so. Collection of evidence where everything is in plain sight is allowed without a warrant or consent of the owner as no search is occurring.
Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer