How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 33388
Experience:  Numerous criminal trials ranging from traffic to murder, practicing Criminal Law for 20+ years.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I'm a registered sex offender can Kentucky caps keep me from

Customer Question

I'm a registered sex offender can Kentucky caps keep me from being around my kids I'm not on papers and ive finished my sex offender classes
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Are you asking about the child protection services?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking are they able to keep me from being around my children in the state of Kentucky just because I'm a sex offender I'm not on papers and have completed all programs required of me
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
I'm not sure who you are talking about but the answer is yes, there are various entities, including the other parent, who can apply to restrict or prevent access to the children due to the sex offender conviction. It's not easy for them to prevent total restriction of access unless it is one of these children who were the subject of the sexual abuse, but it is possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
So the child service can keep me from being around my children even if the mother of my sons say I can be around them I was convicted in 2005 for a crime that accrued in 2000 in 2012 Fayette county child service allowed a child who wasn't mine by blood move in with me and no neither of my sons r the victim of my crime
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 1 year ago.
Yes, although if you object/disagree, and I assume you do, they will have to file with the court to prevent your access.

Related Criminal Law Questions