Criminal Law

Criminal Law Questions? Ask a Criminal Lawyer.

Criminal Law

An ex has had me served with an ex parte OFP. this is based

Customer Question
on allegations from a domestic...
an ex has had me served with an ex parte OFP. this is based on allegations from a domestic case which the state has proposed for a CFD. can she still present this case in support of the OFP at the hearing? If so, how relevant are they since it was the state prosecutor that proposed the CFD?
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: yes
JA: What advice did they give you?
Customer: I was told that the case has little relevance to the support of the OFP since the allegations are being dismissed.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: the petitioner has a long history of deceit and untruth, To include fabricating stories to get her way. She also is currently on probation for a felony conviction for fraud and identity theft.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: Criminal Law
5/1/2016
Criminal Lawyer: Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor replied 1 year ago
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Hello, Is the ex-parte order civil or criminal? In what US state is this going on? The abbreviation CFD is not one that is common outside of your state. I'm assuming it's some kind of a dismissal, but can you tell me what it stands for?
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD