How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Colleen Grady Your Own Question
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 555
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Colleen Grady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Someone is trying to get more money from me stating if I don't

Customer Question

Someone is trying to get more money from me stating if I don't he will post pics of me on YouTube and Facebook I send him $1600 yesterday and he wants mire
JA: OK. The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: Met him on face book but now I think he is using some else pictures
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: He is posting my nude pics in YouTube and face book but I already blocked him and deactivated Facebook he is demanding more money
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years and I was a prosecutor for 9 years. I am sorry you are going through this. You are a victim of extortion. You can stop this and have him prosecute for a felony. He faces serious charges. I will give you the information on what you can do to stop this.Can you tell me what state and county you are in?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.
The one thing I think you realize is that this person is not going to stop asking for money. You need to report him to the local police and to the FBI. He is committing the crimes of Cyber Stalking and Extortion. Extortion is when you demand money from someone in exchange for not publishing personal information about a person that would harm reputation. This crime is a felony and this person faces prison time and substantial fines.You can start by filing an online complaint to the FBI Cyber Crimes division. They will investigate. need to save all written communication with this person. This is evidence of guilt.Also, you can get an Federal or local order of protection against this person. This will make him stop contacting you and posting further embarrassing photos. If he violates such an order, he will be committing another felony and will be facing more criminal charges and prison time.Please let me know if I can help more. I will like to answer more of your questions. If you are satisfied with my help, I ask that you rate my service.