Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney with over 20 years law enforcement, prosecution, civil rights and defense experience
10285032

I need to see a sample copy of a writ of impeachment and do

Customer Question

I need to see a sample copy of a writ of impeachment and do I need a lawyer to do it?
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If you are looking to impeach a conviction, which is what GA calls "impeachment" it is filed with a writ of habeas corpus and you are asking the court to impeach your conviction (writ of habeas corpus and impeachment, is what the court calls it in appeals decisions). The writ is actually a habeas corpus writ (see: http://www.georgiacourts.org/sites/default/files/Inmate/Habeas%20Corpus%20Forms/Inmate%20Form_Application%20for%20Writ%20of%20Habeas%20Corpus_9.14.pdf).
Do you NEED a lawyer to do it, no. Should you have a lawyer represent you, yes, it significantly increases your chances of success on the writ to impeach your conviction and secure your release.