How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3163
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Good morning, my niece has been issued with a application for

Customer Question

Good morning, my niece has been issued with a application for Restraining Order and must appear in court.
JA: My brothers got into lots of trouble with the law when they were young. The Criminal Lawyer will know how to get you the best outcome.
Customer: In the notice her ex-girlfriend claims my niece is on drugs and that is why she pushed and punched her. The ex-girlfriend denies that they were in a relationship, and it they were alone when the incident happened, no one know if she really pushed and punched her, and if she did what led to her doing that. My niece also claims she is not using drugs. Can she do anyhting to withstand the restraining order?
JA: Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No not yet
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Is there anything else important you think the Criminal Lawyer should know?
Customer: I do not have all the detail because my niece do not really talk about it, she said the complaint provoked her and blocked her not to get through the gate and she eventually pushed her to get out. Their is still some of her personal belongings at the complaints house, how does she get that, and can she asked to be tested for drugs to show she doesn't use anything and use that in a way against the complaint, they have been togehter for more then 4 years, i do not have the exact time
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m an attorney with 15 years vigorous courtroom practice experience, and I would like to assist you in answering your question. My response is for information and education, and not as legal advice and we do not form an attorney/client relationship.So what you are stating is your niece's partner was attempting to prevent your niece from leaving; that your niece did not push or punch, but rather just tried to get around her partner to leave the scene of the incident? Can you confirm this is the situation?