Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
81266493

I would like to remove or rescind a criminal no contact order.

Customer Question

I would like to remove or rescind a criminal no contact order. in the case it was grandson who robbed my house and did his term for the offense. we are in Muskingum county,Ohio
JA: You're dealing with a tough issue. But don't worry -- you're in good hands. I know the lawyer has information that can help. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am the only relative that has been involved in his life and now he is trying to do things right . But we can not associate and depend on others to communicate for us. he has apologized for his actions and I have forgiven him. he has epileptic seizures and on medication, but if he is admitted to hospital there will be no one there for him.
JA: Is there anything else the Criminal Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: he is not violent in any way.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Criminal Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions today. I have been an attorney for 26 years. If you give me about 15 minutes, I will prepare an answer that will give you information on how to go about rescinding the no contact order.
You will have to go to the court that issued the "no contact" order. If it is the court that took care of your grandson's criminal charges when he robbed your house, go to that court. If it is a civil domestic violence court, go to that court. The court name will be on the "no contact" order. You will need to make a motion to "terminate" the protection order. I will be able to locate the form for you if you give me the court that issued this order.
If the no contact order is from the Ohio Court of Common pleas, here is the motion you have to file.
You will also have to file this form with the motion. The court will use this form to make a decision.
Please let me know if you need forms for another court. I will be happy to get these for you. Also, please let me know if you have more questions about this process. If you are satisfied with my service, please rate me using the stars on your screen.