How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Colleen Grady Your Own Question
Colleen Grady
Colleen Grady, Attorney and Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 555
Experience:  Attorney and Counselor at Law
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Colleen Grady is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Ayodele. I am a 65 year old teacher who is a victim

Customer Question

***** ***** Ayodele. I am a 65 year old teacher who is a victim of aggravated battery by mt principal. A police report has been filed in the city of Chamblee. I am on my way to the doctor for treatment due to the pain in my right wrist where she yanked me.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I was berated.accosted and assaulted by my principal because some of my students left the classroom for the bus without my permission.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Criminal Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.
Hello. I will help you with your questions. I have been an attorney for 26 years. I have worked as a criminal prosecutor for 9 years. I have also worked in the field of Education for 16 years. I am sorry you are going through this.If you give me a few minutes, I will prepare an answer giving you information about what else you can do. Can you tell me if you work in a public school? Is this Chamblee in Georgia?
Expert:  Colleen Grady replied 1 year ago.
If you are in a public school, it is important that you go to your Union representative for assist you in filing a grievance against the principal. The Union is required to help you through this. Also, ask them for a copy of the Union contract so that you know the school district and the Union are following all of the correct procedures. The procedure for a formal written grievance is spelled out in your contract and the Union representative will know these rules. I think you should go directly to the Union president. This is a serious offense. Your principal should never put her hands on you. You may also want to get a protective order against the principal so that she does not touch you again. You can go to the court house and tell the court clerk you want the forms and procedures for getting this order.Please let me know if you have more questions. I will be happy to help. If you are satisfied with my service, I ask that you rate me.