How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask AttyHeather Your Own Question
AttyHeather, Lawyer
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 677
Experience:  Attorney with 15 years experience
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
AttyHeather is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am being charged with a crimmanal misdermnor son missing

Customer Question

I am being charged with a crimmanal misdermnor for my son missing a lot of school.I have no previous crimmmanal record.what will happen when I go to court?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.
Hi, My name is*****'m an attorney with 15 years vigorous courtroom practice experience, and I would like to assist you in answering your question. My response is for information and education, and not as legal advice and we do not form an attorney/client relationship.In most states, a parent is obligated to ensure that their child attends school, and after the child misses a certain amount of school, the school administrators are required by law to make a referral to child services. If your child misses school, it can be considered child neglect. The judge will probably ask you to admit or deny if your child has missed school and he may ask you to describe what is going on, but there aren't many good excuses for children missing alot of school. The judge may set up a plan of supervision for you to make sure that you start getting your child to school. In egregious situations, a parent might lose custody. It is important for you to be honest, but also show the judge that you are taking the situation seriously and are going to make a definite improvement. This is a situation where you probably should retain an attorney if at all possible.If I have answered your question, please let me know that I have done so, and I would greatly appreciate it if you could issue me a positive rating, so that I am given credit by the website for my work for you tonight.Best to you,Heather S, Attorney
Expert:  AttyHeather replied 1 year ago.
Hi again, I see that you were able to view the answer. Please respond and let me know if I answered your question. Your question will remain in my que until I know that you are satisfied I answered what you asked.Sincerely,Heather S, Attorney