How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Zoey_ JD Your Own Question
Zoey_ JD
Zoey_ JD, JustAnswer Criminal Law Mentor
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 27726
Experience:  Admitted to NYS Criminal defense bar in 1989. Extensive arraignment, hearing, trial experience.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Zoey_ JD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

How can I file order of protection against the

Customer Question

how can I file for an order of protection against the Westchester County P.D. N.Y.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Please provide more information about your situation.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Westchester county PD had spiked a drink of mine back in 2006 with an Illegal Psychotic, forced me into retirement in 2009. Moved to Puerto Rico in 2010 where the had Mexicans stalking me. Had made me seem as I was paranoid schizophrenic since 2009, even their accomplice had me believe I was schizophrenic. They're using their psychotic to harass me 24 hours 7 days a week a particular illegal psychology tactics they're using (psychological warfare) I have nerve damages due to their psychotic, I have reached out to the district attorney no response yet, in white plains N.Y. complaints bureau. Now I would like to know how can file for an order of protection against the police department
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
for stalking me for the past couple of years to present date, and premeditated trying to cover it up.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for the reply. I would love to be able to tell you what you want most to hear, but it's simply not possible to obtain a protective order from the police department. They have immunity from those types of procedures. That isn't to say that you wouldn't have a remedy against police harassment. There are many steps you can take to try to solve this problem, including hiring a civil rights lawyer and suing the police in Federal court and including reaching out to the Westchester County DA's Office, like you've already done, to see if you can get the officer's investigated, sanctioned and removed from the force. Other steps you can take are to complain directly to the supervising officers of those who harassed you, including the local chief of police. You can file a complaint with Internal Affairs and with the State Attorney General's Office. You can involve your congressmen from a local level on up through the government of your state. In this way, you can get the officers responsible investigated. You can even involve the media. Finally, if the corruption is such that you get no satifaction from state authorities, you can file a color of law abuse claim with the FBI. The Federal government can investigate the state government in areas where state agencies are abusing their authority. You can read more about this here. And, as already indicated, you can sue. A word to the wise, however, is that when complaints like this are as extreme as yours, as you have already found for yourself, such surveillance can be difficult to prove and can lend to others dismissing your complaints as So, until you can show irrefutable evidence that what you are complaining about is actually happening to you, all of the agencies, organizations, and people you would try to contact are going to turn a deaf ear to your problem and tell you i's a mental health problem. This means you need to start collecting evidence so that others can see the scope of this problem as well as you see it for yourself. Until you can provide the authorities with this concrete evidence that you are a target of surveillance, nobody is going to be in a position to stop this. You should be taking photos and videos and/or recordings, when you have evidence of this stalking, for example. You can put an inexpensive surveillance system in your home that's responsive to sounds and movements. When you're armed with sufficient evidence, reporting these activities to the authorities I've mentioned or bring suit should get you some relief. Good luck!