How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ely Your Own Question
Ely, Counselor at Law
Category: Criminal Law
Satisfied Customers: 3169
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.
Type Your Criminal Law Question Here...
Ely is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Domestic family violence JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need

Customer Question

Domestic family violence
JA: The Criminal Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: No
JA: Please tell me everything you can about this issue so the Criminal Lawyer can help you best. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: My husband and I got into an argument which became physical I called the police and they came and arrested him after they came there was a lot of what I believe coercion for me the right things and they are refusing to give me information on who his attorney is so that I can let him know what's happening I don't know how to proceed with this but I do believe that they are building a case from what I was told by the police officer on old charges they told me that my charges have nothing to do with what they're going after how correct is this
JA: I'm not sure of the exact price, but there's only a $5 deposit. The rest of the price information will be on the page I send you to.
Customer: The officer that file the report told me that he filed two misdemeanors and that while he was off-duty Somebody went in and changed the charges to a felony I spoke with the person that made the changes and he said there was enough evidence from previous cases that he could be charged with a felony they told me not to file an Affidavit of non-prosecution I told them that I want to and I need information for his attorney to let him know they are refusing to give me that information
JA: I can help you talk to the lawyer. Thanks for coming to JustAnswer. How can we help?
Customer: I didn't get a page
JA: OK. The lawyer will know what to do. Please tell me everything you can so the lawyer can help you best.
Customer: Is this an automated robot
JA: Is there anything else important you think the lawyer should know?
Customer: Yes but I would prefer to speak with them over the phone
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Criminal Law
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Zoey_ JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, What is the question that you wish to ask with regard to this arrest? In what US state did this happen?